Search This Blog

Translate

Monday, December 3, 2012

make up your mind!

Example 1: I just can't make up my mind! Should I go to El Camino College now, or stay at LSI to study English for 6 more months?! Someone help!

Example 2: You need to make up your mind soon. El Camino's application deadline is coming up, so you need to make a decision soon!

Explanation: make up one's mind = make a decision
The decision should have more than one option. In example 1, the student is deciding between El Camino College or LSI. In Example 2, they are urging their friend to decide between El Camino College and LSI.

I need to make a decision = I need to make up my mind
She needs to make a decision = She needs to make up her mind
We need to make a decision = We need to make up our minds

This idiom  can be found in Reading Savvy, 1st Edition. This book has been used to teach Level 5 Reading/Vocabulary. To learn more, please visit www.languagesystems.com

No comments:

Post a Comment